CINVESTAV (The Center for Research and Advanced Studies) is a Mexican non-governmental scientific research institution affiliated with the National Polytechnic Institute. The institute is divided in 10 research centers that are dedicated to research and post graduate training within specific research areas (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CINVESTAV). Our campus hosts two research centers: CINVESTAV-Irapuato (that includes the Department of Genetic Engineering and the Department of Biotechnology and Biochemistry; Unidad Irapuato) and UGA (Unidad de Genómica Avanzada; UGA-Langebio). The campus has a permanent staff of 51 professors and ~ 220 students and offers Master and Ph.D. programs within areas of genetics, genomics, epigenetics, biotechnology, bioinformatics, synthetic biology, biochemistry and microbiology. The campus is located in Irapuato, Guanajuato (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irapuato; en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guanajuato).
- Bachelor or Master degree, for students wishing to pursue a Master or Ph.D. degree, respectively.
- A minimum average grade equivalent to 8.0 of a Mexican grading system (8/10 ); please consult the webpage www.wes.org to see the equivalent of this grade with respect to your country’s grading system.
- Basic knowledge of Spanish is required given that several courses are conducted in Spanish.
- CENEVAL EXANI III or GRE (General) examination dated after August 1st 2020 .
HOW TO APPLY FOR ADMISSION:
In the case of NOT having an EXANI III (or alternatively the PAEP or GRE exam), you first need to pay for the online EXANI III exam (CENEVAL) using a credit card following the instructions on the page of CENEVAL.
You must inform to email@example.com that you have made the payment and you have your turn for the exam
1. Apply for admission using the following link: http://bp.ira.cinvestav.mx/Admision-2022/Foreign-candidates/Registration-Form
2. Once you have filled in the application form, Cinvestav-Irapuato will notify you that you can register for the online EXANI III exam (CENEVAL).
Of note: Do NOT register for the CENEVAL exam before receiving the above-mentioned email.
The registration deadlines and exam dates are listed below.
Applicants will be evaluated based on the results of EXANI III and an internal online exam from Cinvestav, in addition to a general evaluation of their qualifications (e.g. grades, work experience, knowledge of English). Qualified applicants will be invited to an interview online. The decisions of the Academic Committee are final.
Foreign students are eligible for scholarships from CONACYT (see www.conacyt.mx).
Tuesday of week 9 (March 1st): Registration open
Friday of week 21 (May 25th ): Registration closed
EXAM EXANI III (CENEVAL)
May 1st - May 31th (10:00 pm): registration
June 9th: mock exam
June 15th (9:00 - 13:30): EXANI III exam (online exam)
EXAMEN CINVESTAV/ONLINE INTERVIEWS
June 13th (9:00 - 10:30) (online exam)
Week 27: interviews of qualified applicants (online)
RESULTS OF ADMISION PROCESS/INTRODUCTORY COURSEs
Week 28: Publication of results
Week 31 -34: Introductory course for students accepted
Week 35: Start of program courses
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone: +52 462 6239620